Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She keeps on giving. . .

Yesterday I was thinking about a special girl. My friend Tammy asked me to help her out by embroidering a quilt block she wanted to make but just couldn't get done. I agreed before I knew how healing it would be.

Tammy's 16 year old daughter, Lindsay, died last October in a car accident. Lindsay was one of those "loved by all" angels. Her infectious smile and happy disposition and giving heart touched countless people in her short life. 1200 people attended her funeral.



When Tammy brought me the quilt block she explained that Lindsay had been an organ donor and was able to give her heart valves and corneas. Someone can now see because of her. The quilt block was her part in a memorial quilt to honor donors. As I stitched yesterday I thought of Lindsay and how she is still giving. I thought of Tammy and the ache in her heart. I thought about giving.


Thanks Tammy for letting me give . . . just a few stitches.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on your posts Eva - this one was very touching. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete