Monday, April 12, 2010

Food Jail




Since last Wednesday I have been in Food Jail.




These are the things that are against the law:
Dairy products
No milk
No cheese
No butter & margarine
No yogurt
No chocolate
No ice cream . . . you get the picture . . .

Egg Yolks
Iodized Salt or Sea Salt
This means every canned or prepared food item in the store -- including ketchup, mustard, mayo, bread, spaghetti sauce, chips and salsa.
Did you know you can buy salt without iodine?
Did you even know that your salt has added iodine?

Sea food
No fish tacos!!!! These are a staple in our diet.


Dried fruit
I haven't started craving Craisins . . . YET.
Red kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans or lima beans
No problem on that last one.
Rhubarb
Molasses
Red dye #30
My lipstick has red dye #30 but I refused to go to church without it. This gets into your skin without you even eating it.

I have been doing more "from scratch" cooking than usual in this restricted circumstance.

In the last few days I have made pancakes with eggs whites and water instead of buttermilk.
Not bad. . .

Crackers with garlic and flax seed.
Mmmmmm. Those were actually really good. Barry likes them better than store bought and my grandkids gave them a thumbs-up.

Fresh Pico de Gallo
No complaint there.

Rolls with oil and no milk.
This is NOT a keeper.

Lots of salad dressings.
These may cause me to give up buying salad dressings altogether. They are great.

None of these things has satisfied my craving for this . . .

I just can't think about it!!! 10 more days of Food Jail to go.

O.K. Why am I in Food Jail?
Well . . . it seems that not all of my little thyroid cells could be extricated by surgery and they all
Have To GO!

So in 10 days I get to ingest Radioactive Iodine that is powerful enough to kill them.

Food Jail (where iodine is against the law) will make all of those little cells starved for the iodine they crave. Then they will suck up all the Radioactive Iodine and die. They will be dead and I will be out of Jail!!!

That's not usually how it works . . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh Eva, I am so sorry. Not sure I could do that. If anyone can survive it YOU can! Good luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a wonderful outlook, Eva. Thanks for sharing your perspective. You inspire me! Good luck with food jail, and good luck with the radioactive iodine. Are you going to have Spidey-sense after this?

    ReplyDelete