Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Remember the mint?

I underestimated the mint. 

What was I thinking!? 

I was thinking that even mint . . . that invasive barracuda plant . . . couldn't survive the winter when confined to a pot. 

I was trying to transfer my own 'stuck in the pot' (or house) for the winter feelings to the mint.

But the mint has survived it all and now that the warmth of Spring has begun to touch it . . . Look at it!! 

I survived, too, and the mint is now my new favorite potted plant. In fact I 'm going to get more -- varieties--  and have a little potted mint garden for summer.

If any body wants some of this mint just come and get it. It will outgrow this pot and need to be divided. 

Bonus: You can't kill it! Just don't let it out of the pot!

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's beautiful! I want some :) Too bad we don't live closer. I love the idea of your little mint garden. Sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete